Friday, February 3, 2012

A College Education Is Ruining My Life!

Well, no, not really, but it takes away from time I would much rather devote to writing on this blog about the American Civil War. What really bothers me is the style of writing the university I attend demands. Papers written for class MUST BE in APA format, which to me is the most awkward style of citation there is. It ruins the flow of what I am reading, (Smith ,2012) AND what I am trying to research. I like citation and I usually do it here, (The Picket, Jones 2012) but in the form of end notes, a style I have employed much longer than I care to say. Now I have just demonstrated how APA citation can really hinder a post, article, or anything else for that matter. So much so that I forgot why I came on here! But really I am just taking a break from writing a short research paper for my Psychology class and to let my loyal readers (I think I still have a couple) know I am still here. I am still digging for things on Fitz-John Porter, and even found some! I have been a might side tracked with Adam Rankin Johnson and plan two or three more posts on his escapades among other little sidelights I may find.
An education is important and it must take priority but I wish they would let me alone so I can write without all the hassle of APA! Now, nose to the grindstone, back to the salt mine, lift that barge! Tote that bale! Ahhhh, I feel better now. This was so much more fun! And by the way, if you like what you have seen so far, leave a comment!
The Picket

No comments:

Post a Comment